Learn How to Pray!

Sign-up for the "How To Pray The Bible" membership e-mail series! Just fill in your information Below to get started. Learn how to Pray with the Master Teacher.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Psalms 5:1-12 RSV To the choirmaster: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.

Give ear to my words, O LORD;
Give heed to my groaning.
Hearken to the sound of my cry,
My King and my God,
For to thee do I pray. O LORD,

In the morning thou dost hear my voice;
In the morning I prepare a sacrifice for thee, and watch.
For thou art not a God who delights in wickedness;
Evil may not sojourn with thee.


The boastful may not stand before thy eyes;
Thou hate all evildoers.
Thou destroy those who speak lies;
The LORD abhors bloodthirsty and deceitful men.

But I through the abundance of thy steadfast love will enter thy house,
I will worship toward thy holy temple in the fear of thee.
Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of my enemies;
Make thy way straight before me.

For there is no truth in their mouth; their heart is destruction,
Their throat is an open sepulcher, they flatter with their tongue.
Make them bear their guilt, O God; let them fall by their own counsels;
Because of their many transgressions cast them out,
For they have rebelled against thee.

But let all who take refuge in thee rejoice,
Let them ever sing for joy;
And do thou defend them,
That those who love thy name may exult in thee.
For thou dost bless the righteous,
O LORD; thou dost cover him with favor as with a shield.

No comments: