Learn How to Pray!

Sign-up for the "How To Pray The Bible" membership e-mail series! Just fill in your information Below to get started. Learn how to Pray with the Master Teacher.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Prayer For Refuge

O Lord,
Whose power is infinite and wisdom infallible,
Order things that they may neither hinder,
Nor discourage me,
Nor prove obstacles to the progress of Your cause.

Stand between me and all strife, that no evil befall,
No sin corrupts my gifts, zeal, and attainment;
That I may follow duty and not any foolish device of my own.
Permit me not to labor at work which You will not bless,
That I may serve You without disgrace or debt.

Let me dwell in Your most secret place under Your shadow,
Where it is safe impenetrable protection from:
The arrow that flies by day,
The pestilence that walks in darkness,
The strife of tongues,
The malice of ill-will,
The hurt of unkind talk,
The snares of business,
The perils of youth,
The temptations of middle life,
The mourning of old age,
The fear of death,
I am entirely dependent on You for support, counsel, consolation.

Uphold me by Your Holy Spirit,
And may I not think it enough to be preserved from falling,
But may I always go forward, always abounding in the work
You have given me to do.
Strengthen me by Your Spirit in my inner self
For every purpose of my Christian life.

These are all my jewels I give to the shadow of the safety that is in You:
My name anew in Christ,
My body, soul, talents, character,
My success, wife, children, friends, work,
My present, my future, my end.
Take them, they are Yours, and I am Yours,
Now and forever more.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: