Learn How to Pray!

Sign-up for the "How To Pray The Bible" membership e-mail series! Just fill in your information Below to get started. Learn how to Pray with the Master Teacher.

Thursday, March 01, 2007


Did I Really Mean what I had Asked for Or was I Just Trying to Impress God with Words: Part 2

Tip! THE possibilities of prayer are gauged by faith in God's ability to do. Faith is the one prime condition by which God works.

If you have not read the first part of this blog entry this one will not make much since. So please go down to the next entry named "Did I Really Mean what I had Asked for Or was I Just Trying to Impress God with Words: Part 1" and read it first.

It was two days letter and Mr. North called me and left a message for me to please come and visit him. I was in the middle of a major project at work; I was responsible for many things going on at church, not to even think of the demands of my family and home. And now Mr. North wanted to see me?

Before I called Mr. North to tell him I could not see him until sometime later; the Holy Spirit asked me one question. Did you really mean what you asked for or was it just to impress God with your words?

I called Mr. North and asked him what time would be good for me to come and see him. He said that 2:00 P.M. this Saturday would be great. I told him that would be fine; and I really meet it as well. Do you know that Satan and my-self (flesh) attack my spirit with everything we could think of? I was overwhelmed with things to do, many places to go and people to see.

I had to stop and pray. I asked God our Father to help me do His will in the Name of Jesus Christ with the strength and power of the Holy Spirit in me; to prepare me for this visit and to get me there safely.

I arrived at the set time and Mr. North was happy to see me again. But after an hour or so of getting to know each other, I was ready to go home. Nothing had come up about any problems, so I figured he was just lonely and wanted some company. I asked if I could pray with him before I left, this is when he told me his problem.

Tip! A person’s character is always demonstrated in their behavior. The Savior again said,“A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good ...” -- Luke 6:45

He said he was hearing evil voices in his head all the time. These voices were saying that God did not care about him anymore because he was a worthless old man. They said things like, how could he expect to go to heaven when he had lived such a sinful life.

As the Holy Spirit prompted me, I opened the Holy Bible where Paul wrote

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." -- Philippians 4:8

Tip! •Approach God in prayer and ask for a fit body. • Get clear and visualize your fit body and believe.

Then I asked Mr. North two questions, the first was, when were you saved? This brought a big smile on his face. He picked up his Bible and showed me where he had written it down, and all the things that had led up to his Salvation in Jesus.

The second question was; when were you married? Another big smile filled his face, and again he had written the events of his marriage down on another page in his loved Holy Scriptures. He also stated he was looking forward to seeing her in heaven one of these days.

I saw what the Holy Spirit wanted Mr. North to see that day, and I was so blessed to be the messenger. I asked Mr. North to look at himself in the mirror and see how happy he was. When he looked and saw what I was seeing the Scripture "…think on these things" made sense to him and he understood what the Holy Spirit was telling him through His Word.

Tip! The person who prays, has a belief that they will receive an answer. The prayer is intended to inculcate certain attitudes in the one who prays, rather than to influence the recipient.

You know, Mr. North and I became good friends. My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving Day meal with him at the nursing home. He was a joy to be around, even with his physical problems and age. God used this man to show me His love for everyone on earth. Not just the young, good, strong or beautiful;

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- John 3:16

Mr. North is with Jesus now, and yes his wife as well. One day soon I will see Jesus as well as Mr. North, and we will be able to rejoice and praise our Father together again, but this time we will be in heaven.

Tip! 1 Timothy 2:1. Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,

Will I see you in heaven as well?

<><><><><><><><>

Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? explores the mysterious intersection where you and God meet and relate. Writing as a fellow pilgrim, Yancey explores the questions surrounding prayer that you may wonder about but not know how to express. Above all, Yancey shows you how to pray to a God who sees what lies ahead of you, knows what lies within you, and who invites you into an eternal partnership with Him---through prayer.

Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? by Philip Yancey

<><><><><><>

With 52 Model Bible Questions and your Bible, you can confidently teach lesson after lesson, year after year, and see the power of great questions create changed lives. You don't need a seminary degree to use them well. You won't need to buy a new study guide every time you want to move to a different book of the Bible or topic Just Click Here!

I have A Free Ebook For you from me called "Where Are You At?" or just download it here Click Here

No comments: