Learn How to Pray!

Sign-up for the "How To Pray The Bible" membership e-mail series! Just fill in your information Below to get started. Learn how to Pray with the Master Teacher.

Friday, December 21, 2007

He has Made with Me an Everlasting Covenant


Tip! Jesus never taught His followers to expect justice. Paul did not receive justice. Even great leaders in history did not always receive justice here and now.

(2 Samuel 23:5) "Although my house is not so with God, Yet He has made with me an everlasting covenant, Ordered in all things and secure. For this is all my salvation and all my desire; will He not make it increase?"

This covenant is divine in its origin. "HE has made with me an everlasting covenant." Oh that great word "HE"! Stop right here and think about this my soul. God, the everlasting Father, has positively made a covenant with you; yes, the very same God who spoke the world into existence by a word; He, stooping from His majesty, takes hold of your hand and makes a covenant with you.




This action, this awesome everlasting covenant might overwhelm our hearts if we could really understand it. "HE has made with me a covenant." A king has not made a covenant with me-that would be somewhat good; but the Prince of the kings of the earth, Shaddai, the Lord All-sufficient, the Jehovah of ages, the everlasting Elohim, "He has made with me an everlasting covenant."

But notice it is particular in its application. "Yet He has made with ME an everlasting covenant." Here lies the sweetness of this covenant to each of us believers. Was it for me that He was born, died and rose up for the world; I want to know whether He has made peace for me! It is of little concern to me that He has made a covenant, what I want to know is whether He has made a covenant with me!

Tip! Trouble, if correctly used, will bring you great peace and a deep surrender of spirit which nothing else can work in you.

Blessed is the assurance that He has made a covenant with me! If God the Holy Spirit gives me assurance of this, then His salvation is mine, His heart is mine, He himself is mine-He is my God!

This covenant is everlasting in its duration; an everlasting covenant means a covenant that had no beginning and will never, ever end. How sweet amidst all the uncertainties of life, to know that "the foundation of the Lord stands sure," and to have God's own promise, "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips." Then we can be like dying David, I will sing of this covenant, "Although my house is not so with God" as my heart so desires.

1 comment:

superstar said...

GREAT WEEK