Learn How to Pray!

Sign-up for the "How To Pray The Bible" membership e-mail series! Just fill in your information Below to get started. Learn how to Pray with the Master Teacher.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

How God Answered My Prayer for $900


Tip! God is so concerned that people pray that He has promised to answer prayer. He has not promised to do something general if we pray, but He has promised to do the very thing for which we pray.

I was in debt. I owed the large sum (large for a poor home missionary) of $900.00. Expecting soon to be called on for the payment of it, and not seeing any way to meet it, I went to the Lord in prayer.

Early in life I had made this resolution: that no person whom I was owing should ever ask me for the money, and I not pay them; but now, I could see no way out; and if, as I expected, it should be demanded of me, I was not in a condition to meet it.

Such was my condition when, on a certain day, the demand did come. I took the letter from the office at noon. What now was to be done? Again I took the case in prayer to the Lord, and asked Him to help me pay it, so that my word need not fail, or His causes suffer criticism.

I first determined to pay a part of it; but, because a letter could not be sent out that day, I awaited for the results of the following day's mail. From the mail, which first arrived, a letter containing an unexpected check of $500 to my wife, from parties whom we did not know, and had never seen, nor they us. Within twenty minutes more I was presented with a surprise of $400, from some people where I had preached for the last six months. Here was my $900, and, before the mail went out, I had my letter written and the check in the mail. Both were as unexpected as if they had come from heaven directly.




Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

No comments: